~*~Congratulations, Jan and John!
Glory and trumpets! The Road, Taken, the book of poetry and illustrations that jan-u-wine and John Cockshaw have been working on for over a year, at last may be ordered.
Go to Oloris Publication’s presale page HERE.
If you haven’t listened or watched before, get a luscious taste of The Road, Taken from this video John Cockshaw put together, linked HERE.
Evocative music plays, John's illustrations moving across the screen, as he gorgeously reads excerpts from jan-u-wine's poems. It's a beautiful two minutes.
For more of John’s art, visit his website and lose yourself: From Mordor to the Misty Mountains: Original artwork inspired by the tales of Middle-earth .~*~
Previous entry:~ For March 25, 2015: "The Turning of the Road: The Sammath Naur" and "Cast Up" by jan-u-wine, art by John Cockshaw.
Other Links:~ All entries featuring jan-u-wine's poems.
.




From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
I hope that you will enjoy the book, and welcome your comments!
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
It has been. Once again, congratulations Jan.
From:
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
Anyone who hasn't ordered it already, what in the Four Farthings are you waiting for? Run, do not walk, to get your own copy!
I do hope an audio version of it can be produced for I would love to share it with a friend of mine who is blind.
Namarie, God bless, Antane :)
From:
no subject
re an audio version.....that I am just not sure of at the moment....Oloris, as you know, is sort of in its infancy (it ws very ambitious, I think, for them to have attempted (and pulled off) a project of this size)....
but I will tell you that John is *maybe* going to do some more videos, which will mean that he'll be reading entire pieces, not just portions. That is a MAYBE, since he is even busier than I am (really very busy). But somewhere I have a cd of myself reading a couple of these pieces, and bits of Roverandom. If I can find it and you are interested, I'll send along. In the event that John can not do the readings, I'll attempt at some point to do some of them. (but believe me, it will be much nicer if he does them. I have a good reading voice, but i *am* a girl person, so much more suited for a boy person's voice)....
thank you again! (btw, keep John's project under your hat....it still is very much in the 'maybe' stage. Thanks)
From:
no subject
Namarie, God bless and hugs, Antane :)
From:
no subject
I hope that you'll leave some feedback on Oloris' site re the book. It's easy when you are the author, you get all the pets from ppl. But the layout folks (for instance) never know they did a good job. I am thinking that Lara set a personal best for this. (not to mention John)
From:
no subject
Namarie, God bless, and hugs, Antane :)
From:
no subject